Gynaecological Consultation with Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
We have gynaecological consultation appointments available with our Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist.
Mr. Aamir Khan is an experienced consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist with a special interest in early pregnancy and emergency gynaecology and works at one of the largest and busiest women's hospitals in UK (Birmingham Women's and Children's Hospital).
Mr. Khan is able to provide a high-quality clinical service to women with concerns about their gynaecological health. You will be able to have a relaxed and informative consultation about your concerns in a peaceful setting and at your own convenience.
There are many reasons why you may need a consultation (without the need to have a pelvic scan). These can include (this list is not exhaustive):
- abnormal vaginal discharge
- removal of existing coil (Copper or Hormonal) if threads visible (additional charges will apply)
- discuss results/concerns from pelvic scans done elsewhere
- discuss contraception needs and methods available if you have a complex medical history
- discuss alternative medical treatment of heavy and/or painful periods
- discuss concerns about symptoms from existing polycystic ovaries and the different ways to manage them
- if you require a follow-up consultation after your initial pelvic scan & consultation
- Pre-pregnancy counselling for Hyperemesis Gravidarum after a previous severely affected pregnancy to ensure you are prepared and able to manage it early in a further planned pregnancy
Depending upon your presenting concerns and information gained from the consultation, you may be advised to have a pelvic examination. This would only be done in cases where it provides extra essential information relevant to your concerns. In addition, Mr. Khan may discuss carrying out relevant investigations (blood tests, swabs, etc.) which can be sent to The Doctors Laboratory.
You do not require a referral (GP or Hospital) to book the appointment, but after the consultation you will be provided with a summary of the consultation for your own (and your GP’s) record via secure email.